Thursday, December 18, 2008

Sabathia: "Yankees Give Me the Best Shot"




According to ESPN.com, CC Sabathia was quoted as saying, "I think this is the best place for me to try to win a championship." With all the stud players on the New York Yankees, I agree with CC Sabathia. Adding to the eqaution is a 7 year, 161 million dollar deal making CC the highest paid pitcher ever.

However, he did turn down a juicy check offered by Larry Zalewski of the Gray Bats. Coach Larry said, "I can understand him turning down the Gray Bats to play for the New York Yankees. It must not be totally about money, because I offered CC an extra 15 million dollars on top of the Yankees deal. Once the NABA baseball league becomes more notable among leagues like the MLB, I will be able to land players like CC Sabathia to my squad. As it stands, I wish the best to CC Sabathia as a New York Yankee."

Also, Ace pitcher of the Gray Bats Ben Sorosky gave comment on CC Sabathia's decision, "CC and I would have made a great top 2 of the rotation in the NABA. With him and I switching off starts during the season, we would have been unbeatable. CC Sabathia is a guy with alot of talent and it would have been an honor to be the #2 pitcher to Ace CC Sabathia. However, the season still will go on and I will work my hardest to be ready for the summer to dominate for the Gray Bats."


CC Sabathia will have great success as a New York Yankee. It's just a shame that either CC or AJ Burnett did not sign with the Gray Bats.

1 comment:

  1. I hear rob cool is filing tampering charges with the players union...

    ReplyDelete